November 29, 2007
Ok, maybe it isn’t the radio, but a podcast is close. Listen to Campus Crusade Today, an audio broadcast with a portion about Korea. Judy Nelson, my friend and Editor-in-Chief of Worldwide Challenge interviews me about my time at the student conference in Korea.
Listen to the interview with me about my trip to Korea. (It’s the 2nd story — it starts right after the 2-minute mark on the podcast.)
November 2, 2007
Students from around the world gathered in Korea and returned home with plans to take the message of Christ to 6,000 unreached campuses. Read the article.
Read my behind-the-scenes thoughts from while I was there gathering the story.
August 8, 2007
Fall is upon us and the beginning to another school year around the country.
Help students you know (friends, relatives) get plugged in to a Campus Crusade movement on their campus.
Search to see if Campus Crusade is at their college or university.
July 10, 2007
Even though not officially a writer for our magazine anymore, I’m grateful that I’m asked to freelance once in a while.
The trip to Korea for to write about the conference would be an amazing example of that. (Ignore my immature WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!! here.)
Usually, my friend and editor, Becky, asks me to write a short article for the Insight portion of the magazine. It’s my favorite genre of writing because, in doing so, I often have to think more intentionally — and flesh out in a deeper way — what it means for me to walk with God.
And the writer actually becomes the learner.
Note: This Insight for the July/August issue actually began as a blog entry, so if you think you’ve seen it before that’s why. No fear that you’re experiening deja vu…all over again.
You can read my article here if you don’t get the magazine.
April 19, 2007
Molly taped 2 interviews Wednesday–one with CBS and one with ABC. Each one took almost 2 hours. The interviews were emotionally exhausting for Molly and anyone involved.
Molly is a freshman that is involved in the ministry of Campus Crusade at Virginia Tech. She lived next door to the first victim of Monday’s shootings.
Watch Molly’s Story
- You can now watch ABC’s interview with Molly. It mentions her involvement with a Christian Bible-study group.
- You can also watch the CBS interview with Molly Donohue on their Web site. It’s a short, 1 ½ minute package that aired Wednesday night on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric. The CBS coverage was changed from what they’d originially planned by the breaking news of the DVD the gunmen sent to NBC.
April 18, 2007
Among the shooter’s fatal victims were 4 students involved with Campus Crusade at Virginia Tech.
It makes me think back to my life in Boulder, Colorado as a new staff member with Campus Crusade. A young 22-year-old who was off to change the world at CU, God blessed me with some great young college women to work with: Christine, Nadia, Janessa, Joy, Jennifer, and many others.
It could have happened at CU. (Actually the Columbine shootings happened during those days.) It could have been Christine. Or Nadia. Or the others.
How my life and the Campus Crusade movement…and campus life would have been different without them.
And I think of Virginia Tech and my staff friend there, Sarah. The ache to lose young friends.
The Campus Crusade group is having a closed-to-the-press prayer time tonight. Tomorrow is a day many in the Campus Crusade family are praying for Virginia Tech.
Want to join us?
The staff team at Virginia Tech have asked us to specifically pray for the following things:
- The families of the students who were killed.
- The students who were injured and still in the hospital.
- 4 students who were involved with Campus Crusade were killed. Please pray for their families and friends.
- Survivors of the shootings who witnessed the horrors of that day. Pray for God’s grace and comfort.
- Pray for wisdom for the Campus Crusade staff member and other campus ministers and pastors as they seek to counsel and love the hurting students