Ok, so this is what happens when your Thanksgiving involves two people: there are no extras standing around to take pictures of you.
To the left of Colleen’s ear you’ll spy the best-looking bird, weighing in at a hefty 13.8 pounds. Can we say leftovers?
Colleen, you really do need to unpack that dream and move into a Bed & Breakfast. My heart and stomach were blessed by time with you today. So glad we got in our run/walk as the bird was cooking…making room for the culinary feast!
A few things I’m thankful for:
- Long arms to take photos until I can convince the paparazzi to come by more frequently.
- Those cornucopia-loving, risk-taking Pilgrims.
- My insulin pump and how it prevents Thanksgiving from literally killing me.
- Movies-on-demand so we can cheer on Akeelah in “Akeelah and the Bee” without having to leave the couch.
- Jesus and how He continues to surprise me and strike me with wonder. This is the adventurous life I never knew to ask for.